Protecting what you love most is important year-round, but especially during the holidays. The last thing you need to worry about is whether or not your home and valuables are safe when you have celebrating to do, and FTC is here to help. FTC offers a full line of security devices to deter burglars and fire detection alarms for a peaceful sleep. Ring in the new year without worries! Call FTC today to set up an appointment to learn more.
In the meantime, test your knowledge with this security quiz.
- The total number of burglaries in Alabama in 2014 was:
- What is the most deadly month for house fires?
- Rank the most common times for a burglary to occur:
A) 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
B) Midnight to 3 a.m.
C) Noon to 3 p.m.
D) 6 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- In 2012, what percentage of burglars used forcible entry to get into a target home?
A) 15 percent
B) 28 percent
C) 47 percent
D) 64 percent
- The average dollar loss among homes where a burglary occurred in 2011 was:
- What age range had the highest amount of deaths from structure fires in Alabama during 2013?
A) 60 to 69 years of age
B) 50 to 59 years of age
C) 40 to 49 years of age
D) 10 to 19 years of age
- On average, how many house fires occur in the U.S. each year?
- What percentage of convicted burglars say they would attempt to see if their target had an alarm system?
A) 12 percent
B) 38 percent
C) 45 percent
D) 83 percent
- How long does a typical burglar take to break into a home?
A) Less than 60 seconds
B) Two minutes
C) Four minutes
D) More than 5 minutes
- What percentage of unsuccessful burglaries can be attributed to alarm systems?
A) 18 percent
B) 29 percent
C) 51 percent
D) 74 percent
Answers: 1:D, 2:C, 3:C,A,D,B, 4:D, 5:D, 6:A, 7:D, 8:D, 9:A, 10:D
Don’t let your family become a statistic!
FTC’s affordable security solutions offer 24/7 monitoring. Home automation features let you control things like the thermostat, lighting and door locks from your smartphone. Adding cameras will help you to keep an eye on your kids and pets, screen visitors at your door and monitor activity occurring around the interior or exterior of your home whenever and wherever you want. FTC has a security system for every lifestyle, budget and need. Schedule a consultation today! 256-638-2144
Sources: National Fire Protection Association, Alabama Criminal Justice Information Center, 2013 Crime Statistics, FBI “Crime in the United States”.